Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Amazing class mindmeld by Noelle Nordstrom




So per our request...my photo as Giovanna in Rigoletto 2005.
I was going to email our class last night, but I decided instead to post my thoughts about what we accomplished. I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I felt so imbued after the class that I needed to share.
As the night began I felt a certain amount of unease due to our seperation over these longs months, but it did not take long for me to begin to meld into our collective consciousness. After the first inspiring 2 minutes by Ricky the evening just went up in my estimation. I felt exhilarated to be back in "flow" again. My sincerest thanks to all that you gave last night.

My "ah ha moment" 2005
As Giovanna, there is brief moment where a stage fall can be used. Every rehearsal you could see my fall coming and I could never prepare it correctly to anticipate, but make it "realistic". Unbeknownst to me, opening night the hem on my dress tore as I walked on stage and it tripped me during the scene. As I fell the audience reacted with heretofore unheard gasps and I realized what I had been missing was my own reaction within the moment. Although there is always forethought in singing, there has to be a greater percentage of your brain focused on what is happening at all times in order to make it real. "Stay in the moment people"

1 comment:

HMM said...

I'm so sad I missed this first class - it sounds like it was a good one! I'll see you all for the rest of them, though!